Sunday, November 25, 2012

Unit K Student Problem 7

In this problem I created a repeating decimal and solved it to be a rational fraction. First I started by listing the repeating numbers, then I proceeded to find a1 and "r". To find a1 it is the first number that I listed and converted it to a fraction, to find "r" I divided the first term by the second. Next, I then wrote out my infinite summation formula plugging in the a1 and "r" as i go. To solve for the geometric series the formula is:  "a" sub 1 divided by 1 minus "r". After plugging in the numbers and solving I notice that the equation has a number in front of the decimal. To solve for this simply add the number to the fraction that you had received to solve for the rational fraction of the repeating decimal.

No comments:

Post a Comment